The Simcenter Engineering & Consulting team of Siemens Digital Industry Software has an immediate need for an engineer with proven MBD (model based design) Application expertise.
The position is located in Chengdu (China) and involves direct customer interaction and cross-organization teamwork.
The successful candidate must be willing to locate to Chengdu and has special interest and application know-how in the automotive and/or Aerospace industry.
In his line of duty the candidate will be responsible to execute both simple and complex projects off-site and be present at customer's premises on regular basis.
Besides the obvious technical skills required, effective team-work, good communication, personal sense of ownership, creativity and willingness to learn will be seen as valuable assets for this job.
PreREQUISITES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ideally 5+ years of demonstrated industry (automotive) experience
- Minimum Master's Degree in Mechanical, or Equivalent Electro-Mechanical Engineering degree
- Expertise in vehicle simulation (CAE) and support of MBD process deployment (from concept to validation)
- Knowledge of Electric Vehicle Architecture, Electric Motor Design and its related controls
- Enable to derive (CAE) methodologies and processes to design, validate and optimize complicated systems across multi disciplinary engineering domains
- Define "To be (simulation) process" based on review and analysis of product/customer requirements
- Derive functions and structures for each missions of the system/process under study
- Understanding of vehicle development process
- Affinity with Model-Based Development (plant model creation, control system integration, E&E Architecture)
- Willingness to travel and perform on-site work at customers
- Fluency in spoken and written Chinese and English languages (necessary to transfer information and report/interact with global team/customers)
- Ability to effectively communicate to a large spectrum of engineering disciplines as well as non-technical stake-holders
- Good presentation and interpersonal skill
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a global team
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables
- Ability to analyze processes and help make improvements based on knowledge to derive adequate solutions for technical problems
Additional technical requirements (optional skills)
- Experience with PLM environment within OEM or Asuppliers
- Application know-how on e-drive integration on full vehicle