For system support in the Factory Automation business, we are looking for young system administrators to join our team. The main responsibility is to technically support internal and external customers regarding the upcoming new technology of Edge Computing in factory automation. This includes creating innovative concepts, presales support, preparation and execution of technical workshops, consulting of customer projects, developing edge apps
and constantly innovating about how to improve the usage of our products.
What are my responsibilities?
• Responsible for analyzing customer network structure and deploy edge computing devices in customer IT infrastructure.
• Guide internal and external customers on the way to use the new Edge technology. This includes setup Edge Apps and the integration of Edge into existing IT and OT structures.
• Onsite customer visits to support sales regarding technical topics
• Build up and maintain expert knowledge about industrial edge computing platform and industrial edge apps.
• Prepare and execute technical workshops to share the latest knowledge to internal and external customers
• Develop simple python apps for industrial edge computing platform.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, Technology, or with relevant experience.
• Knowledge of computer networking and system security.
• Familiar with VPN, FTP, DHCP, NTP, Routing Table etc.
• Experience with Linux operating system, e.g., Debian, Ubuntu etc.
• Familiar with TLS, SSL, HTTPS, encryption.
• Knowledge of container technology (e.g. Docker, Docker-compose) and container-orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes).
• Familiarity with IOT technology (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Arduino) and MQTT communication.
• Highly motivated to work in a global team, learn from others and share your own knowledge.
• You are a life-long learner and are excited to learn new technologies and ways of thinking.
• Good presentation skills.
• Industrial automation experience is a plus.
What else do I need to know (introduction about business)
With the brand SIMATIC, Siemens has one of the world’s leading automation product families, including SCADA, PLC, HMI, IOs any many more. The upcoming Edge technology will bring IT technology to automation level and will change the automation world on a big scale.
SIMATIC System Support delivers internal technical support regarding Factory Automation topics. A team of highly motivated technical consultants covers knowledge across the whole SIMATIC Portfolio.
We are responsible to bring the latest technologies of Factory Automation Business Unit to Siemens engineers. This we do by various knowledge transfer measures and by technical supporting projects of customers.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time