From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an fantastic opportunity for Software Engineer Interlocking to join our Siemens Mobility Signalling Design Team in Bangkok. The Control Systems Engineer is an expert in rail signalling systems and engineering.
- Design the hardware and data requirements for signalling systems
- Production of Interlocking application data design primarily Westrace and Westlock but may include any IXL from the Siemens suite of products
- Review and checking of data designs
- Lead small design teams
- Assist in the mentoring and development of junior engineering staff
- Ensure technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling system work.
- Support the development and maintenance of design templates and tools
- Ensure designs meet all functional and configuration requirements
- Responsible for, or provide input to, production of functional design documentation including system requirements and architecture, interface control, scheme plans, control tables, block design, and analyses as appropriate.
- Ensure design compliance through requirement traceability.
- Ensure data designs meet client technical and operational requirements
- Identify and raise any potential concerns that could impact Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Follow design and project quality processes
- Provide advice and interface to control system and wayside design teams
- Be involved in design safety risk assessments
- Identify and assist the resolution of design non-conformances
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering or relevant technical discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in an engineering role, ideally in a railway signalling design environment (graduates willing to train may be considered for junior roles)
- Experience with application data design on Westrace and Westlock interlocking is desirable
- Solid understanding of railway signalling equipment & systems including signals, points, train detection systems, train protection systems, level crossings, PLC based applications. Relay, SSI or other interlocking types.
- Knowledge of interlocking principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Working knowledge of computer-aided drafting software (Autocad and Microstation) is desired.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time