We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Systems domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
We are seeking a software development engineer to develop software solutions for our highly available Grid Control Software for monitoring and optimizing electrical power networks (ADMS).
What are my responsibilities?
- Working closely within international software development teams across global locations to research, analyze, design, develop, test, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Developing Web-based applications and components in variety of programming languages according to the contributed project environment under the direction of the development manager(s),
- Focusing on designing components (frontend / backend) and implementing this concept in our ADMS platform independently,
- Presenting creative behavior to develop applications and to select appropriate technical options,
- Optimizing application development by employing design patterns and by reusing proved solutions
- Analyzing and identifying problems within the software and designing improvements by considering solution alternatives such as repair, replace and refactor.
- Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
- Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering (or similar fields),
- Knowledge in modern C++ (e.g. C++11 and newer editions)
- Knowhow in object-oriented concepts, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and software development principles,
- Understanding in writing unit tests and applying automated testing approaches,
- Experience or interest in ownership of software processes (e.g. backlog management, documentation, quality aspects) in a team of engineers from different domains,
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Understanding of clean and well documented code
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Experience in development with MS Visual Studio,
- Knowledge in continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts and tools,
- Experience in refactoring legacy source code is desirable,
- Knowledge of Power Systems concepts is highly desirable,
- Experience in Inter-process communication (IPC) and shared memory management,
- Knowledge of IEC standards like IEC-61970 (CIM), IEC-61968,
- Knowledge of designing and documenting with UML,
- Experience in performance and memory optimization,
- Experience in graphical user interface development,
- Experience in Qt framework,
- Experience in DDD (Domain Driven Design) technics,
- Knowhow on Scripting languages (e.g. Python),
- Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework)
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
- Committed to quality oriented, tidy and well documented business delivery,
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools and Energy domain know-how,
- Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs,
- Inspire the team with new ideas and visions and actively promote platform development,
- Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
- An ability to understand and explain abstract concepts in a clear way to technical and non-technical audiences
What else do I need to know?
- Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus,
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily
· At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse “Digital Minds” to develop tomorrow’s reality.
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time