We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our Customer Services Rail Infrastructure (CS RI) business in Chippenham. You will own the operational delivery and financial performance of the signalling support and maintenance activities across the UK. This includes a number of high-profile contracts with key clients such as Network Rail and Transport for London.
As a senior member of the team, you will report to the Head of CS RI and play a key role in the strategic future and direction of the department. You will lead a team consisting of Account, Materials and Service Delivery managers, as well as collaborating closely with fellow senior leadership team colleagues.
These are your responsibilities
- Safe and efficient delivery of service support and maintenance operations for CS RI, ensuring the health and safety of all staff and customers is at the forefront of any decision making
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of the overall CS RI strategy
- Develop relationships with key customers and ensure an excellent level of customer satisfaction, measured through metrics such as Net Promoter Score
- Financial performance of all operations, identifying and implementing efficiency and continuous improvement opportunities, accurate budgeting and forecasting
- Commercial management including contract administration, dispute avoidance & cost control
- Governance and oversight of CS operations tender activity, working closely with bids and tendering and Headquarters when required
- Development of relationships with various partners, including internal departments and external suppliers
- Team growth and development required to deliver existing service operations, as well as foundations for future growth
Operations Manager (You)
- Degree qualified or equivalent (essential)
- Understanding of how critical infrastructure systems operate in rail signalling or similar (essential)
- Excellent leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance (essential)
- Demonstrable experience in service delivery management or project management (essential)
- Knowledge of contract safety requirements and contract conditions
- Excellent communication skills, with customers, external partners and internal colleagues at all levels
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time