We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Systems domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
We are looking for an experienced Power Systems Engineer, who understands the current industry and market issues surrounding Advanced Distribution Management Systems (ADMS) to fulfil the role of a software tester as well as act as a domain expert on our software development team.
What are my responsibilities?
The successful candidate will have technical experience in power system analysis and a passion for applying agile software development practices to distribution network analysis (DNA) software.
• Working within international software development teams across global locations to support development team for domain expertise, ensure software quality and contribute to commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
• Performing also as an agile software tester with the responsibility to ensure the quality of created value in an agile software development team applying SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) principles,
• Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents in the area of distribution networks to provide timely and meaningful feedback and ensure, via testing, that product conforms to requirements,
• Expert technical contact for Power Engineering concepts for the development team and in the engineering department worldwide,
• Create detailed and well-structured test plans and test cases and document them using test case management tools such as Xray,
• Execute workflow tests from customer perspective as part of your test activities and as well as technological evaluations,
• Execute manual tests and in time, automate test scripts using test automation tools,
• Perform test automation activities on several test levels (Modul-/Integration, System test, Regression tests, Performance tests, etc.),
• Identify, record, document, and track bugs until resolved according to Quality Assurance standards,
• Develop and track quality assurance metrics, like defect leakages, defect trends etc. and contribute to process improvements,
• Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
• Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar fields),
• Minimum 2 years of related experience in power system engineering (especially Grid Control domain),
• Advanced knowledge of electrical distribution systems model and distribution system analysis,
• Knowledge of power system equipment and power system modeling,
• Deep knowledge on distribution system analysis such as distribution system state estimation, power flow analysis, volt-var optimization, optimal feeder reconfiguration, fault isolation and restoration, fault location, short circuit analysis,
• Detailed knowledge of power system analysis methodologies and the ability to research new modeling and analysis techniques,
• Experience or interest in understanding/applying software testing methodologies especially with test automation tools,
• Ability to create and maintain easily understandable, meaningful, concise software testing documentation,
• Knowledge in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework or Scrum),
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
• Willing to move on career steps as Domain Expert and Software Testing engineer specialized on Power Systems Analysis
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
• Basic to intermediate programming skills are highly preferable,
• Familiarity with software development especially object-oriented programming practices,
• Practical engineering experience in power system analysis software applications such as PSS®E, PSS®SINCAL etc.,
• Experience in using ALM tools for tracking agile process (e.g. JIRA),
• Knowledge in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines (CI/CD),
• Knowledge of IEC standards like IEC-61970 (CIM), IEC-61968,
• Knowledge of cloud and virtualization technologies
Desired Soft skills:
• Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
• An ability to understand and explain abstract concepts in a clear way to technical and non-technical audiences,
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
• Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
• Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
• Committed to quality oriented, tidy and well documented business delivery,
• Eager to learn new technologies, tools and Energy domain know-how,
• Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
• Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs,
• Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts
What else do I need to know?
• Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
• No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse “Digital Minds” to develop tomorrow’s reality.
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time