Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative and high-performance products and solutions for mail and parcel automation; for airport logistics including baggage and cargo handling; and for the digitalization of logistics processes using high-end software. Our comprehensive service offerings, including integrated technical operation and maintenance services, bring our experience to the daily business of our customers.
We are recruiting for a Head of Accounting to provide leadership and management of the Company Accounting operations. The individual must possess strong business acumen along with solid leadership and supervisory experience managing a Corporate Accounting function. This position reports directly to the Company CFO and provides critical expertise to the overall business operation.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
What are my Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all Accounting operations and ensure compliance with IFRS standards, Siemens guidelines and local laws / local GAAP
- Maintain governance of all accounting topics and ensure appropriate internal controls.
- Implements and ensures adherence to Accounting policies, guidelines and standards / Siemens Logistics standard processes, and adapts related procedures and processes.
- Applies advanced analytical techniques which are necessary to gain greater insight and perspective on problems.
- Makes recommendations based on advanced root cause and alternative solution analysis.
- Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Ensures preparation, external reporting and consolidation of financial statements and related disclosures.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating the month/quarter/year-end close process with internal and external departments and external auditors.
- Manages transfer of accounting and transactional services to 3rd party accounting service provider (incl. but not limited to intercompany clearing, account reconciliations, fixed assets, AP, AR, indirect tax and payroll accounting).
- Treasury management including pensions accounting, hedging, insurance, guarantees, banking and financing as needed.
- Manage the interface to a 3rd party payroll provider
- Manages the Accounting organization, hiring, training and retaining competent accounting staff internally and in cooperation with 3rd party service provider
- Perform financial statement reviews and follow-up action items as a result of the review
- Guarantee true and fair accounting processes by a proper recording of accounting entries and effective supervision of all the processes which automatically produce accounting entries
- Support ad-hoc requirement/task
- Acts as the CFO’s deputy and support the manager in selected tasks
- Acts as main interface to Accounting / Governance organization at Siemens Logistics Headquarters in Germany
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Extensive knowledge in the area of accounting & controlling
- Accounting degree or similar. CPA and prior ERP implementation experience is a plus
- Proactive approach, always looking to add value to the organization and being well trusted partner of the Management
- Critical mindset in terms of true and fair view
- Comprehensive understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management
· Strong communication, organizational, technology and leadership skills
- Sound SAP knowledge and proficient in FICO and COPA modules
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time