Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Engineering of control logics & programs for different FACTS solutions
- Establishing the test set up in the factory
- Configuration of hardware/software used for control systems
- Performing the tests of the hardware and software in the factory to validate the design
- Commissioning the FACTS installations at site in India and abroad
- Creating documents like design reports, test reports and operation & maintenance manuals
- Read, analyze and interpret power system event records
- Customer Support
- Innovate and work out new techniques and solutions
- Active collaboration with Siemens Energy, Germany and other countries
- Impart training to external parties like clients
- Work closely with other team members for development of solutions and testing & commissioning of systems
- Be willing to take over roles of other team members if the situation demands
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You should be a graduate (BE/B.Tech) in Electrical Power Engineering with power systems and power electronics as major subjects. Graduates in Electronics & Telecommunications engineering are not preferred.
- Understanding the behavior of power systems during transient and sub-transient conditions, different types of FACTS devices and their roles in the power system will be an essential part of the work.
- fiber optics
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams
- Knowledge of basic principles of protective relaying, control systems, power electronic devices (like thyristors and IGBTs), power equipment (like power transformers, instrument transformers, capacitors, reactors, circuit breakers)
- Knowledge on different communication protocols like IEC61850, IEC-104, IEC-101, DNP3.0, Modbus, etc.
- Knowledge of different cyber security measures
- Knowledge of IT networking
- Computer operating systems
- Programming languages (e.g., C, C++, Python, Visual Basics, etc.)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (preferably Siemens platforms using SIMATIC Manager)
- Knowledge of SICAM Device Manager/Tool box, WinCC.
- Knowledge of SICAM A8000 Hardware and its configuration.
- Having a previous experience of working on FACTS projects would be an added advantage. If you have experience of testing and commissioning of protective relaying devices.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Goa. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time