Siemens Large Drives Business is seeking our next Support Engineer for our Medium Voltage VFD's, located in New Kensington, PA. The primary function of this Customer Facing Support Engineer will be to address issues have been raised in the field and where the engineering critical issue goes beyond the capabilities of the Customer Service department. You will need strong validated troubleshooting skills and a critical thought process for this position. This position requires above average interpersonal skills and the ability to understand electrical schematics and control applications. You will collaborate with customer service, project engineers and R&D engineering as needed to resolve field issues and apply lessons learned to future production orders. You will enjoy a Flexible Remote/Onsite working schedule.Responsibilities:
- Support Engineering efforts for Siemens GH180 medium voltage variable frequency drives
- Sophisticated troubleshooting of field problems and system issues for GH180 drives and applications
- Provide design changes for field upgrades of existing GH180 drives
- Including control system and cooling system upgrades
- Development of aftermarket engineering projects
- Travel to customer sites to resolve issues including interact directly with customers and/or Customer Service personnel
- Collaborate with other Engineering personnel and specialists to resolve drive performance/configuration issues
- Assist with monitoring and assignment of resources for the Customer Service Technical Support Request system.
- Education: BS in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of hands-on industrial experience with proven understanding of Siemens GH180 VFDs
- Direct experience in power electronics, switchgear, and electrical machinery.
- Must have general knowledge of industrial controls, including relay logic.
- Detailed understanding variable frequency drives and their applications, specifically GH180 product and its predecessors
- Ability to read schematics and interpret customer specifications
- Strong organization and excellent time leadership skills
- Possess a familiarity with and follow all engineering policies and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Digital literacy required, including Microsoft Office
- Typically less than 5% per year, short notice travel typically 1 time per year
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Please Note: Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control law.Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education & Experience:
- Hands-on experience with Siemens GH180 Medium Voltage VFDs, and its predecessors
- Solid Understanding of GH180 analog and digital control systems including ability to analyze and modify System Operating Programs (SOPs)
- Familiar with GH180 PLC Interface/Implementation
- Drive/Motor System Design & application
- GH180 WC1, WC2 & WC3 Cooling System Application Experience
- Application and troubleshooting of MV Switchgear
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.