Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground-breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Do you like understanding the client’s needs and help them along the way to success? Are you passionate about emerging market trends and latest and most innovative technology to support the businesses? If you feel at ease building long positive relationships with clients and like collaborating in a fast-paced team we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Grid Edge Software Technical Sales within our Siemens Smart Infrastructure Team in the American region!
Siemens Digital Grid Software are seeking a hardworking and experienced technical sales professional with leading and exemplar solutions engineering and consultancy, specifically in software applications, incorporating Grid Edge software products and solutions.
Siemens Grid Edge apps are crafted for the deregulated energy market. Driven by digitalization, decentralization and a global call for decarbonization, generators, consumers and prosumers go after new market models, leading to constantly growing revenues.
Currently Siemens Grid Edge offers three apps in their portfolio: they enable buildings, infrastructures and industries to optimize their energy efficiency (EEA - Energy Efficiency Analytics), they empower customers to intelligently integrate renewables and to take control of their energy supply (DEOP – Decentralized Energy Optimization Platform), they support the expansion of infrastructure for eMobility (E-CAR Operation Center).
The implementation of GX applications require dealing with ground-breaking IT drivers, like cloud implementation and operation, data analytics and even Artificial Intelligence. Cybersecurity is key, since often the apps are directly influencing critical infrastructure.
This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate for the sales growth plans for Digital Grid’s software portfolio and to identify and support account maximization opportunities. To this end, the successful candidate will be required to work collaboratively with the respective Siemens sales, product houses and IoT solutions delivery group to develop offerings for the current and future customer base in the region.
The Smart Infrastructure Division from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources.
What will you do?
- Supporting business development across Canada, USA and South America
- Represent and collaborate as Technical Sales/Solutions Engineer with Sales, Product Lifecycle Management, Engineering/Delivery and Regional organizations to technically support business development.
- Evaluate and respond (prepare table of compliance, solution documents, effort estimations, hardware sizing, etc.) to Customer requirements from requests for information or Tenders.
- Collect information, identify gaps and provide clear guidance to Product Lifecycle Managers and global portfolio sales leads for the technical needs of your markets and opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver product demonstrations, presentations towards prospects and partners.
- Work in close collaboration with numerous internal partners throughout the Siemens business to ensure aligned market messaging and balanced business growth via key channels
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in Software Solutions and Technical Sales
- Have experience in Tender Evaluation, Tender Response and Pre-sales communication (queries and clarifications) with customers and prospects
- Have experienced effort estimation and project specific customization topics
- Well versed with system and environment setup for applications based on different platforms and technologies like Linux, Oracle, RestAPI services, IoT, IEC 104, IEC 61968, MQTT, OPC UA Pub/Sub and other field device integration and enterprise systems integration techniques, etc. hosted in Cloud and on Premise
- Can size production environments based on information and guidance provided by product architects.
- Ideally will have knowledge of Energy Industry & Smart Grid infrastructure
- Are self-confident and proficient in communicating and presenting products and solutions using various tools to external and internal customers alike.
- Enjoy working in a virtual and dynamic environment.
- Are happy to become a hands-on teammate to get things done and are excited about continuous learning, ready to bring in own ideas to round-up a solution concept
- Ready to work in a “start-up” like environment; possess creativity to customize and adapt sales and marketing material to specific market requirements
- Available for frequent business trips (when situation permits) to Canada, USA and South America
- Proficient in English. Additional language skills like Spanish or French are beneficial.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.