Our Traction Drives business in Alpharetta, GA, seeks to hire a hardworking Supplier Quality Engineer with machining and casting experience to help supervise the quality of railway vehicle components provided by our suppliers. We invite you to be part of the innovation that delivers 40% of the world's cargo using 75% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than trucks - Rail!
This position will lead supplier quality management, including inspections and supplier audits, product reviews, part qualifications, and process improvements. We'd love to have you join our team and keep our business running at top speed!Responsibilities
- Evaluate suppliers by conducting product and process audits at supplier sites and assessing the suitability of potential suppliers. Provide risk analysis and mitigation plans.
- Collaborate with engineering and review requirements with suppliers to ensure technical requirements are clearly understood. Ensure engineering deviations and substitutions are approved.
- Define part qualification requirements and communicate to suppliers. Verify documentation, critical dimensions, and other characteristics of sophisticated parts at supplier's location using various precision measuring equipment, checklists, standards, procedures, and engineering documentation.
- Select inspection tools, sampling plans, and methods.
- KPI reporting, data analyses, investigations, evaluations, corrective action, and development plans.
- Lead evaluations, identification, segregation, supplier communication, corrective actions, and MRB.
- Improve and optimize the SQM process to be more efficient and effective.
- Support the development of training material and provide mentorship on SQM processes.
- Prepare for internal /external audits and represent SQM function.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- 5 years of experience as a quality engineer with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a supplier quality engineer role. ASQ certification preferred.
- 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing plant
- Highly proficient in reading and understanding mechanical drawings/blueprints with GD&T knowledge and experience.
- Evaluating quality inspection methods and techniques.
- Highly proficient in using calipers, micrometers, and other quality measurement tools and using judgment to determine the appropriate measurement technique.
- Sophisticated knowledge of corrective action/problem-solving methodology.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in performing quality system audits.
- Experience and understanding of various types of metal fabrication processes, including machining and casting.
- Proficiency with quality management systems and standards
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate technical information with others at all organizations, suppliers, and customers to prepare comprehensive inspection reports.
- Handle complaints and sensitive situations with both suppliers and customers.
- Math skills with knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Possess the ability to pass a vision and color perception exam
- Possess intermediate Microsoft Office skills for reporting (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to evaluate and identify problems and develop solutions in a timely and responsive manner.
- Ability to multi-task while demonstrating strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal technical supervision.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice, may include weekends when required
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%. Travel includes domestic and international multi-day trips.
Why Siemens? In Addition To An Incredible Career Opportunity, We Offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Supplier Quality Engineer with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.