Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Biochemist 1 (Research & Development).
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemist 1 (Research & Development), you will be responsible for:
- You will provide assistance in research, analysis, and experimentation for product and process development of clinical chemistry methods.
- You will assist with assay verification, validation, and routine testing following written protocols.
- You will assist with preparing documentation needed to accomplish routine technical assignments.
- You will assist in developing designs for a variety of products, processes, and components.
- You may assist with investigation of the performance of raw materials to use in the manufacturing process for IVD products.
This position may suit you best
if you are familiar with what is
below, and would like
to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You will provide assistant in a wide variety of routine technical assignments.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel)
- You possess strong laboratory skills, good organization skills, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- You provide assistance in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents.
- You are comfortable handling potentially biohazardous materials (serum, plasma, urine, etc.).
- You have good presentation skills in the technical environment, and you show team orientation and good communication skills.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training / experience in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, or clinical chemistry / medical technology.
- Typically, up to 2 years of successful experience in related field.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.