Position Title: R&D Manager, Mechatronics
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to neurovascular, percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
The R&D Manager, Mechatronics, will lead the Mechatronics team in the new product development life cycle. You will provide technical and project leadership using player-coach approach. You are highly proficient with current development tools, practices, processes and experienced in system integration. You are highly experienced in sensors, actuators, cabling, motion systems, servo-systems modeling, analysis, and implementation. Ideal candidates have designed, implemented, and launched complex electro-mechanical or robotic systems comprised of electronics hardware and real-time control software for a medical robotics technology platform. This is a collaborative opportunity where the individual will work with other engineering disciplines, product management, quality assurance, and manufacturing.
- Lead, develop, and manage mechanical/mechatronic engineers, provide technical guidance, evaluation, and facilitate career growth.
- Responsible for planning, design, development, prototyping, and testing of complex electro-mechanical systems or sub-systems.
· Lead the technical design and development team in multi-disciplinary projects
· Oversee and apply strong analytical and problem-solving methodologies including modeling and simulations aimed at guaranteed-by-design implementation.
· Lead best practice implementation in design methodologies, development processes and tools.
- Lead/contribute in the definition of design inputs, creating design descriptions and specifications, authoring testing protocols, conduct and/or oversee testing, and issue resolution.
· Project management responsibilities, which may include internal or external resources, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- MSc. degree in mechanical engineering or mechatronics required. PhD is preferred.
- 10+ yrs experience in the product development role, with at least five years in medical device development, or other regulated industry, required
- 3+ years of direct people management experience in product development required
- 5 years project management experience involving internal and external resources required
- Strong analytical skills in mechatronics and electromechanical domain (such as statics, dynamics, kinematics, vibration, and control modeling & analysis) are required
- Experience in the design, development, and analyses of robotic systems highly desired
- Proficiency with the latest mechanical and electrical CAD tools (e.g., SolidWorks), and the simulation tools are required
- Proficiency in tools such as: FEA, Minitab, MATLAB, Simulink/Simscape, and LabVIEW is required
- Strong communication and leadership skills required
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Corindus, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.