Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization and we are seeking a self-driven individual to complement our growing team.
Siemens Government Technologies is seeking IT system administrators to join our software Managed Services team and to participate in our PLM Infrastructure Training Program. As a Technical Consultant you will act as part of a Professional Services team, work productively with other Consultants, Architects, Project Managers, and other internal & external interfaces to ensure that the customer succeeds in their objectives.
Through our PLM Infrastructure Training Program, you'll learn the fundamentals of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software and will master skills such as: deploying and managing Teamcenter, implementing monitoring, infrastructure configuration management, executing change management, implementing system security and upgrading systems. Our training program will give you the opportunity to build your skills to grow your career as a PLM Infrastructure Technical Consultant.
Who you are:
Our PLM Infrastructure Consultant Training Program is about learning. We're seeking candidates who have the following requirements, but we know that some of you are just getting your career started, and we're committed to helping you learn and grow. If you've had some experience with Windows/Linux and some networking knowledge in the past, you're the type of candidate we're looking for.
To be successful, you need:
- Drive and eagerness to learn
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, organization, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as work collaboratively and contribute to an agile team environment
- Some basic knowledge or experience in ONE or more of the following is preferred:
- Windows and or Linux Administration
- Installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning or configuring relevant technologies
- Proficiency in the use of applications running on Windows and Linux workstations
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking principles
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts or basic certifications
As a Technical Consultant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Act as an infrastructure admin for Services and Managed Services projects, providing guidance through the complexity of Infrastructure architecture options and the long-term roadmap for the solution
- Collaborate on infrastructure architectural design to address business problems
- Collaborate on infrastructure design, sizing, security recommendations, database, Operating system, and network recommendations, system monitoring, and performance optimization, internally or at customer sites
- Works under light supervision within project and/or task constraints and determine solutions, methods, and procedures on assignments/projects
- Leverage relevant templates in the deployment of project solutions in own specialist area and contribute to best practices and templates
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred: Associate degree in IT or Computer Science, or equivalent experience or certifications
- Understanding of the customer requirements gathering and design process
- Self-management of tasks
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) skills – Intermediate
- United States Citizenship required
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20%
Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.