Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As a CNC Machinist with the world’s most respected manufacturer of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you set up and operate the CNC machines that bring to life drawings and concepts from the engineering team. Your expertise with our CNC machines will make the world a safer and more reliable place as we provide critical equipment to our customers: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will be part of the solution to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- Set up and operate 2- and 3-axis CNC lathe and milling machines.
- With minimal supervision, solve problems related to tooling to ensure efficient production
- Ensure all operations are completed before moving to next job
- Reduce setup and cycle times through process improvements
- Perform daily machine maintenance tasks (cleaning, adding fluids, keeping an orderly work area)
- Partner with other team members to improve overall departmental function
- Work overtime when needed to ensure that our critical power supply products keep our customers operating reliably
- Assist with machine operators’ tasks as needed
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required
- Ability to travel 5% if off-site training or meetings are necessary
- Punctual attendance required. The shift for this job is 6:45 am to 3:15 pm Eastern Time—qualified candidates must be able to work during this time.
- Experience with CNC machining experience required; 5 years preferred – with experience operating multi-axis DMG/MORI type Mill/turn machines a plus
- Machine setup experience helpful, but not required
- Manual machining experience preferred
- Knowledge of FANUC and G-code programming would be an asset to the production team
- Ability to interpret blueprints and drawing required
- Proficiency with precision measuring equipment to check parts for compliance with engineering specifications
- Knowledge of cutting tools, speeds, and feeds required
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.