From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Project Manager to help deliver the City Rail Link (CRL) Rail Project in Auckland. This project will be delivered in accordance with defined Project Management (PM) standards and customer requirements, with the Senior Project Manager taking responsibility for Technical and Commercial outcomes. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, this position will be responsible to ensure all the requirements are captured and distributed to the project team and engineering resources.
Some of the responsibilities included in this role are as follows:
• Assistance in operational delivery of the CRL project in line with client contractual requirements, program and procedure, and all relevant legislation.
• Produce diagrams, functional descriptions, schedules, and software in line with Siemens standards.
• Managing the project financials relating to billing, pricing variations and helping accounts to receive payments where necessary.
• Manage site supervisors and contractors (if required)
• Assist with ensuring project completion is on time and within budget.
• Contribute with the tendering process in relation to methodology, buildability, and project risk management.
• Assist with the implementation any new of policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all workplace health and safety policies are adhered to.
• Assist in the preparation of Safe Work Method Statements and ensure they are followed on site.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, the successful candidate will need to possess the following:
• Solid experience of Signalling fundamentals and mechanical systems (desirable)
• Project management experience
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• The ability to help lead a project team, motivating team members to deliver a successful project
• The ability to demonstrate strong customer engagement and relationship skills
• Tertiary qualification in engineering or a trade certificate
The successful candidate will also have a desire to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with a knowledge and drive to improve business operating efficiencies whilst attaining operational and customer related goals.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty. Ltd.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time