Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
The position will be based in Gurgaon, India, in the global challenging technical environment in the Global Customer Operations, Mechanical Systems department.
Engineering support in COMOS tool to the D&S Mechanical Systems department in Finspang, Sweden.
You will be assigned to work on Siemens Energy standard technical specifications in COMOS for Industrial Gas Turbine Mechanical systems,
Majority of the tasks will be within D&S department but may extend to other departments Customer Projects and site support.
- • Working with updating and revising PIDS im COMOS for Air Intake system, Silencer, Enclosure, Anti Icing system, Exhaust system and ventilation system.
- • Working and solving issues in COMOS
- • Propose a plan of actions and able to estimate the work efforts and schedule.
- • Be open to collaborate and coordinate independently with different stake holders (both with siemens energy and suppliers) to achieve the project goals/requirements.
- • Ability to present the complete and consolidated technical study with the recommended solutions.
- • Highlight the risks/challenges in the task/project to the D&S technical area.
- • Good exposure to EN/ISO global standards.
- • Be active in benchmarking knowledge internal / external Siemens. Shall aim to be the one with best knowledge for the systems function and detailed design.
- • Checking the vendor bids and providing Clarifications, technical vender negotiations. Vendor evaluation including risk assessment and support the commercial selection. Checking of vendor design and documentation. Supporting the detailed design by vendors. Support purchasing to find best total cost solutions.
- • Giving & Working on Cost savings ideas.
- • Document and drive implementation in PLM2020, SAP. Release and maintain reference documentation in COMOS, PLM2020, Team Centre or related databases
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- • Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree
- • 3 to 10 years of relevant engineering work experience
- • Extensive Knowledge to use COMOS
- • Ability to travel globally
- • Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- • High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
- • Proactive and Solution Oriented. Ability to Pull inputs and interact with interface partners.
- • Excellent communication skills, Excellent English language skills
This role is based in Gurugram. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time