We’ve got ideas to improve the way people travel. Can you help us bring them to life? Join us as a Quality Assurance Adviser to support the deployment of advanced quality assurance planning throughout the business and supply chain under the Zero Defects = Zero Harm banner.
In this critical role, you will conduct vital internal and third-party audits and manage key customer quality related issues.
This role will be supporting our London, Eastleigh, and Southampton contracts therefore you will ideally be located in the South of England region. Working from home will also be possible due to the recently adopted “new normal” working hours with expectation to travel 2-3 days a week.
This is your role
- Identify and drive quality/process improvement opportunities and initiatives across the business including those relative to 3rd parties/suppliers
- Conduct internal and 3rd party/supplier audits in line with agreed audit schedule with effective planning, management and follow up
- Assist in the preparation and review of internal/3rd party and supplier Quality Plans
- Participate in Supplier evaluations and performance monitoring programmes
- Lead/Support robust investigations and resolution of quality related issues (these may be issues internal to Siemens, related to the Supply Chain or with respect to NCC’s).
- Conduct investigations, using the appropriate standard problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why’s etc.), to establish root cause and define the necessary corrective and preventive actions
- Participate in proactive Quality Assurance activity across the Materials/Services Supply Chain
What qualifications and experience will you need in this role
- Practical experience in ISO9001 Management Systems
- Good understanding of process capability, metrics and improvement methodology and tools
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance planning methodologies and tools i.e. APQP, FMEA, Six Sigma, 8D
- Good understanding of standards applicable to the railway environment (desirable)
- Certified Auditor with experience undertaking internal/external audits against Management Systems and contract requirements (desirable)
- Some knowledge and experience of delivery processes and Supply Chain Management applicable to either railway, aerospace, automotive or construction industries (desirable)
- HNC/HND, degree or equivalent in Engineering, Quality, Safety, or related field (preferred)
- Relevant engineering qualification in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering field (desirable)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time