We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Systems domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, analyze, design, develop, test, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Develop Desktop and/or Web-based applications and components in variety of programming languages according to the contributed project environment under the direction of the development manager(s),
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions,
- Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Attending Computer Engineering/Science (suitable to work as a part-time working student at least 6 months),
- Able to work 2.5 days/week,
- Software development know-how in Object-Oriented Programming practices,
- Eager to learn various technologies, programming languages and Energy domain know-how
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Knowledge on full-stack web application development and web services,
- Knowledge on scripting languages (especially in Python),
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Understanding of Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Knowledge on file based and/or relational database,
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
- Committed to quality oriented, tidy and well documented business delivery,
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools and Energy domain know-how,
- Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs
What else do I need to know?
- Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds“
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time