Siemens is looking for a dynamic individual with proven experience to join our team in Southaven, our main storage location for 100,000+ SKU’s coming from our own factories in the US, Mexico and overseas and from third parties. We work in a collaborative environment where our goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations. If you are motivated and experienced in supervising a shift of a returned goods operation, we want to talk to you!
Reporting to the Inventory Manager, the Inventory Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the Inventory Department of the Southaven Logistics Center in Southaven, MS. This position supervises 15-20 hourly non-exempt employees across the assigned shift. The Operations Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to manage the assigned shift efficiently and effectively to yield daily output targets with all safety and quality performance standards met. In addition, this role is the first line of engagement for ER concerns from the operational team and is responsible for overseeing the development of personnel entrusted to their leadership.
• Evaluate bottlenecks that exist in the operation daily and determine the labor needs to sustain positive performance across assigned shift.
• Ensure all Time and Attendance records are maintained daily/weekly (including weekly attendance summaries for all personnel).
• Provide weekly/daily/monthly feedback to all employees regarding Production and Quality progression.
• Enforce all Job rules regarding code of conduct and the general guidelines of the facility (including progressive discipline).
• Create a positive working environment that will allow employees to be motivated and productive in the facility.
• Provide Pre-Shift and End of Shift numbers regarding shift performance vs the daily plan.
• Collaborate with team members to standardize all operational processes across each shift in order to enforce process discipline (participation in 5S Audits and providing feedback regarding audit scores).
• Ensure 75% of time is spent on the floor providing support to all personnel and managing process flow within department (utilizing daily status reports to determine performance gaps).
• Provide formal handoff to oncoming shift including notes regarding WIP, 5S housekeeping, and Inventory reconciliation issues.
• Collaborate with team to improve operational processes through Continuous improvement activities.
• Work to mitigate all conflict within the team prior to exploring Chain of Command. Involve department manager after conflict has been resolved.
• Enforce all work rules in the facility timely and fairly as infractions occur.
• Provide documented feedback to personnel bi-annually.
• Drives ownership culture among workforce and fosters a positive, energetic, and collaborative environment in which teamwork and diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
• Enforces health, environmental and safety standards, work practices, and housekeeping.
• Manage other duties as assigned by management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
2. Minimum of 3 years experience as a Lead or Operation Manager/Supervisor in a large distribution facility.
3. Extensive knowledge of SAP is required.
4. Microsoft Office Experience required (PPT, Excel, Word, etc.).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Lean certification, specifically Kaizen or 5S certifications.
2. Experience in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.