The Project Field Modification Material Manager will confirm each step of the procurement process is on-track to meet the requirements of the implementation strategy. They will need to analyze Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) data and the approach provided above to identify where additional effort is needed to support the following goals:
- For Project Field Modification
- All Field Modification Instruction (FMI) rework orders are loaded with suitable dates
- Total demand quantities are correct for combined rework / FMI / Standard work orders
- FMI Work orders are driving purchasing demand for all material.
- FMI Work orders correctly drive material to be issued.
- Ensure FMI demand is deleted if not needed to prevent re-ordering
- For Purchases of time sensitive
- Critical path components are identified (longest lead time items)
- Delivery dates for new revisions are confirmed.
- PO placement on new orders takes place in a timely manner
- Expedited orders are placed when needed to meet implementation strategy
- Assign procurement responsibility (e.g. Order Management and/or Commissioning)
- For material handling:
- Work with receiving team to ensure critical material deliveries are received in a timely manner.
- Work orders are released and picked in time to meet field requirements.
- Kits are complete when shipped
- Ensure Field site inventories and confirms quantities received
- Ensure kits leave on time to meet field demand
- Ensure field returns all material not needed back to Sacramento
- For Project Management
- Ensure FMI schedule is kept up to date with delivery dates
- Notify projects of any risk to critical path FMI material
- Ensure FMI costs are reviewed, and high-cost items are addressed accordingly
- Work closely with Change Manager and Project Team to ensure customer FMI requirement are met
Key stakeholders who the Project Field Modification Material Manager must interface with include: Project Managers, Engineering, Change Managers, Commissioning, Production Managers Quality Management, Operational Project Managers, Production Control, Logistics and Scheduling.
- Attend Engineering/Procurement meetings, evaluate schedule impacts, escalate issues to management where it appears material releases will be late. Work proactively with Engineering, Supply Chain Management and Project Managers to identify unreleased parts, mitigate delays, evaluate the impact to production, and provide updates to Production Management.
- Work with Procurement Project Manager (PPM) and Quality Management on FAI parts and escalate on a timely basis any impact on project material availability.
- Support Planning & coordination of new projects, new components, engineering changes and significant production schedule changes thru what-if analysis to assess any impacts.
- Review where project material is not needed (cancels) and ensure responsible team is taking appropriate actions
- Work with OM to obtain appropriate documentation for future supplier claims
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.