Are you interested in opportunity to explore exciting and unusual ways to exercise your skills in computer science for application to distributed and decentralized systems? Are you also passionate about building innovative and scalable Cloud, Serverless, IoT and Edge applications and platforms? Join our research group to explore how to apply these technologies and knowledge to new era of Digitalization, Internet of Things, Blockchain Applications, Industry 4.0 and Smart Infrastructure.
Contribute with your insights into the workings of groundbreaking and emerging computing architectures and your proven knowledge/experience in software engineering. Want to apply your skills to optimize and accelerate adoption of autonomous and intelligent systems? Research new technologies and ideas in decentralized software architectures! Join Us
We make real what matters!
You will architect, design and develop prototypes and technology demonstrators with a very high quality to tackle modern and emerging critical business challenges. Following are (but not limited to) your core business expectations:
- Architecture: Architect end-to-end solutions for our customers as well as business units in area of Edge Computing, IoT and Mobile Services. Apply your specialized knowhow to empower software applications with maximum reliability and performance.
- Research: Contribute towards research and development of an overall IoT and Edge ecosystems. Continuously hone and upgrade your skills in the constantly evolving technology world. Author and contribute to publications such as whitepapers, journal or conference articles, and invention.
- Hands-On: Work hands-on on bringing to life IoT and Edge architectures and applications.
- Trainings: Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst regarding IoT architectures and conduct training sessions for development teams to transfer knowledge within Siemens’ developer and architect community.
- Customer Centricity: Optimally execute projects from accurately analyzing requirements to rapidly designing and implementing solutions to develop highly reliable and performant decentralized and distributed systems from concept to realization, targeted to deliver solutions to Siemens’ business problems globally.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Excellent understanding of technologies including hardware devices, microcontrollers, and communication (physical as well as application layer) protocols used for automation, IoT and Edge (LoRa, NBIoT, Bluetooth and BLE, MQTT/AMQP, CoAP, OPC U/A, etc.)
- Keen interest and solid understanding in distributed computing with a good understanding of software engineering methodologies.
- Good working experience in cloud computing (with at least one public cloud provider) and cloud native development methods like microservices architectures and associated patterns.
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, LXC, etc.
- Experience in designing and developing end to end solution including cloud backend for IoT and Edge applications.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with one or more IoT platforms like AWS IoT, Azure IoT, Eclipse IoT, or other specialized IoT platforms.
Domain expertise that could be a further plus:
- Expertise in at least one of the domains such as IoT Platforms Development, Industrial Automation, Autonomous Driving, Additive Manufacturing will be a big plus.
- Ph.D in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 5+ years, OR Masters (M.Tech/M.S.) in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 8+ years, OR Bachelors (B.Tech/B.E.) in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 10+ years
- Technical papers at prestigious conferences or journals and filled patent applications would be a plus.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time