Siemens Mobility Limited have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Design Engineer (ADE) for our Rail Infrastructure, Electrification business in York.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
The Rail Electrification business designs, supplies, installs, tests and commissions switchgear equipment as well as the SCADA control system alongside other project engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. This includes the ASG 25 Air insulated Switchgear, which is designed, manufactured, built & tested in the UK. We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed from our success in delivering to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as the Static Var Compensator & Static Frequency Converter, so this is the perfect time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology.Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to a senior engineer, the ADE will assist with producing designs that safely implement rail traction power distribution projects to the customer’s specifications and timescales agreed, delivering a consistent high quality of design.
Based out of our centre of excellent in York you will be working alongside the best in the industry, you will be part of a dynamic team that is redefining what is possible in Railway Electrification.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Undertake design of electrical traction systems, substation design and railway system design under the mentorship of a senior designer.
- Carry out innovative work and analysis of electrical systems using state-of-the-art tools and analytical software.
- Communicate technical results effectively within Siemens and to clients, alongside colleagues in the design team.
- Undertake other design activities under direction as required to develop broad railway electrical engineering knowledge and capability.
- Maintain technical and safety standards in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Develop own professional knowledge and competence, maintaining an awareness of industry developments and identifying opportunities for innovation.
- Provide support and input to Design Engineers on allocated projects.
- Maintain continuous communication with colleagues and customers to ensure coherent design and customer satisfaction.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures and project Safety Plans.
- Support problem solving and site engineering when required.
What Qualifications and Experience do I need?Essential:
- An Engineering Degree or HND in a relevant subject area.
- Innovative, enthusiastic approach to work, ready to learn from and challenge colleagues within a high-performing team of system design professionals.
- Excellent mathematical and engineering aptitude. System design demands the ability to visualise and handle complex inter-relationships.
- Interest in railway engineering.
- Member of the IET or other recognised Professional body.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of task, time and people management.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to continual personal development and team working.
- Eligible for registration to achieve Chartered Engineer status in the future.
- Practical work experience
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join Siemens. Our people love it here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time