As a Project Test Engineer, you will be a member of the team responsible for the QC/QA of forthcoming 3D Simulation products based on NX CAE platform.
The products encompass several attributes including Acoustics and Vibration, Structural Analysis, Multi-body Simulation and more.
The primary tasks are:
As a member of an AGILE team, you work in very close collaboration with the other team members.
You will participate in all team meetings and actively engage in the planning process and commit to the team’s goals of each sprint. It is expected that each team member readily supports on another to reach that goal. Good communication skills are vital in this position.
§ Collect information from developers and project owners to understand the use case.
§ Plan testing effort, document coverage
§ Document results
§ report bugs
· Manual regression testing:
- Participate in scheduled regression testing events:
§ Installation testing on Windows and Linux
§ Manual workflow testing and logfile review
· Bug reports:
§ Create bug reports with clear instructions and all the needed input data for the developer to investigate the issue.
§ Follow up on resolved bugs, ensure that the fixes are implemented correctly.
§ Support troubleshooting
· Automated regression testing:
§ Use python scripting language to generate automatic regression tests.
§ Review results from nightly runs, maintain existing test
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor or Master Engineering Degree or equivalent by experience (mechanical, aerospace, electrical, computer);
• From education or previous job(s):
- Hands-on industrial experience with CAE software tools, especially with a commercial Pre-and Post-Processor Environment for one of the main FEA solvers (Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus etc.).
Knowledge about SYSNOISE solver would be a big advantage!
- Experience with software testing.
Specific technical competencies:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system; knowledge of LINUX is an advantage.
• Basic knowledge in using a software development environment;
• Basic programming and scripting skills for test automation; knowledge of PYTHON is an advantage;
• Strong ability to understand simulation models of complex mechanical systems.
Specific personal competencies:
• Attention to detail, accurate and methodical.
• Result-oriented team player that can work independently.
• Ability to work in a virtual and international team.
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time