The office manager position is responsible for overall office activities, including the reception area and facilities. The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. Performs all reception area duties such as greeting visitors, keeping logs of all visitors/guests and receiving incoming calls.
Energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
• Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image. Greeting visitors, answer incoming phone calls and delivering world-class service to our visitors.
• Supervises the maintenance and housekeeping of office facilities. Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory. Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as working with various vendors for services for the building, office supply/break room purchasing requests and all requests related to the facility which may include all services/ needs for growth & expansion, etc.)
• Track and manage facility budget
• Supervises the maintenance of all the office equipment and request service(s) when needed.
• Assist in planning and managing special events related to McClellan Park site– i.e. town hall meetings, holiday parties, etc. This person is also responsible for staying within budget provided.
• Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, and errands.
• Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
• Manage on-boarding of employees at McClellan Park site, PKI card and access, computer equipment, phones, order business cards, etc. Responsible for I9 documentation services for new hires at McClellan Park site. The Office manager is also responsible for onboarding/off-boarding of new hires or transfers from other locations which include obtaining I9 verification, obtaining all necessary hardware and establishing the employee within the IT tools.
• Responsible for mass communications to the Customer Services organization.
• Book travel using Siemens travel system for employees requiring sponsored travel arrangements.
• Provide training to employees for travel booking and expense reporting.
• Provide training for new admins within the CS organization.
• Manage meeting rooms.
• Participates as needed in special department projects.
• Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have professional presentation.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and postage and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.