Siemens Mobility is seeking a professional Senior Project Manager (SPM) with a proven track record of managing complex projects to fill the role of Trainset Integration PM. As the Trainset Integration PM you will be responsible for the execution of large and challenging Rolling Stock projects ranging from $350M to $1+B in value and durations from 4-6 years. The projects are executed throughout the US and Canada and require interacting with globally distributed engineering resources. The Trainset Integration PM will collaborate with a team at a large manufacturing facility where project management, engineering, procurement, and manufacturing are co-located. The Trainset Integration PM will execute the project in a matrix organization with a primary team of 10 to 20 people with some team members working on other projects concurrently. The Trainset Integration PM is the focal point for customer communication for all aspects of the interface and integration between passenger cars and locomotives on the project. This position reports to either to the Project Director or the Vice President of the Coach and Trainset business.
- The Trainset Integration PM is responsible for project execution related to the trainset integration and the Auxiliary Power Vehicle during phases including proposals, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance.
- The Trainset Integration PM will have profit and loss responsibility for trainset integration and Auxiliary Power Vehicle scope of the projects.
- The assigned projects are highly complex in nature and are situated in a challenging environment.
- Manage all communication with the customer related to trainset integration and Auxiliary Power Vehicle scope including the recording and distribution of minutes of meetings and adherence to agreements with the customer while ensuring necessary actions are performed in a timely manner
- Lead discussions/negotiations with customers for scope clarification and changes in scope, cost and schedule.
- Lead design review activities for conceptual, preliminary and final design.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, devise contingency plans.
- Devise effective risk management plans and collaborate with other related business units doing business with the same customer.
- Drive project schedule for design, project milestones (utilizing Siemens’ milestone methodology), vehicle delivery and acceptance.
- Lead strategic project activities for engineering and procurement, as well as actions for manufacturing startup.
- Direct Contract, Claims and Associate project managers and collaborate with Senior Commercial PM to drive the project to technical and commercial success.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors; influence them to take positive actions to forward the project in their assigned scope.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects in Rail Vehicle Manufacturing.
- Electrical background
- Experience with propulsion / traction systems, ideally in commuter or high-speed rail applications
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills. Cross-cultural experience is of high importance.
- Technical experience with complex products/projects and system integration required.
- Project management certification via PMI PMP certification required. For Siemens applicants: Senior Project Management certification per PM@Siemens PM2 level required.
· Frequent Travel: Trainset Integration PM will travel for customer visits, engineering and supplier reviews for first article inspections and as needed to support manufacturing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering degree relevant to rail, locomotive and rail car manufacturing.
- 15 years of experience related to the manufacturing of rail vehicles or heavy machinery preferred.
- Technical experience with rail vehicle project management, engineering, manufacturing preferred.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.