Configuration Engineer - Enforcement
The Configuration Engineer will provide support to all users of our Digital Enforcement Solution and will be responsible for supporting project delivery throughout the UK from our Rugby office. The role involves the building, testing and configuration of traffic enforcement technology around the UK via onsite and remote working techniques. You will also be responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered in line with the contract specification and you will work with the support team to ensure completed projects are effectively handed over into support. You will work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the financial performance and customer satisfaction on each project is maximized.
This role will be based around core hours of Monday to Friday 8:30 - 5:00. The ideal candidate will be flexible as there may be some evening and weekend working for testing and configuration to serve the expectations of our customers.
What are my responsibilities?
- Plan, implement and progress the build, test, installation and commissioning of enforcement equipment including PC and camera based technology
- Undertake appropriate training for equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training
- Out of hours working to support service and installation contract requirements
- Ensure all working environments are safe, meet with guiding legislation and kept tidy. Including the care, maintenance and serviceability of all equipment used to reflect the professionalism of the Company
- Identify improvements for software images via regular testing and feedback
- Maintain camera configuration data in order to provide input into internal and external project meetings
- Regular feedback to the project manager in order to manage customer expectations
- Manage sub contractor activities when installing / commissions cameras
- Any other duties reasonably required within the skills required for the role
- Previous experience working with ANPR, CCTV or IT technology
- HNC / ONC or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering / IT
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and basic networking principles
- Project management qualification is desirable
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious
- Flexibility - willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale
- Working as part of a team and working unsupervised
- Must hold full UK Driving License
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time