Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Working with our global customers and partners, we help to build intelligent solutions and flawless places in the full range of buildings where we live, work and relax.
Siemens SI has its global headquarters in Switzerland. Region Europe, with around 7’400 colleagues, is responsible for the solution and service business and is market leader in Europe.
Together, we build technologies that take society further. Change the future with us!
What are your main responsibilities?
- Analyze and design Linux base system for FG
- Drive Implementations in all Linux based controller in FG portfolio
- Build distribution, kernel, bootloader, rootfs (yocto, isar, debos, etc.)
- Cover Security aspects
- Coordinate implementations in FG dev teams
- Driver and BSP configuration/development
- Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Provide thought leadership for the Linux based development within the team and enforce an accessible and consistent development project
- Develop prototypes quickly
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Build Linux distributions for embedded usage in our chargers, building BSPs, kernels, bootloader, OTA, drivers etc. considering security issues
- Support our DevOps with CI Automation and support seamless Application development and integration
- Collaboration in an international team across the globe
- Align with other Business units on finding the best solution for Linux base systems
- Comprehend the entire software development project and back up the domain experts by writing high-quality code wherever necessary
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- Linux power user, scripts, Programming languages
- Enthusiastic about Linux and open source
- BS in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of general software development experience with Linux(private or commercial)
- Experience with hardware centric development, on hardware testing and debugging
- Demonstrated experience with building Linux distributions, familiar with building BSPs, rootfs, kernels, drivers with state-of-the-art tools (yocto, isar, debos, etc.)
- A keen interest in software hacking with the urge to design new, cool things
Flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering initiatives in a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Bookboon, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.#Siemens
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time