Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Distribution Systems (DS) covers a comprehensive end-end portfolio including packaging turnkey installation and commissioning, repair, refurbishment of all OEM and non-OEM Transmission & Distribution assets including but not limited to medium and large power transformers, high voltage circuit breakers, medium and low voltage switchgear and breakers, motor control centers, and protection and control systems in all market verticals.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for overseeing engineering submittals, required on key design contracts, and acts as the lead technical point of contact for the project team. A successful candidate will have experience reviewing customer specifications for their technical content, engaging with product marketing experts, and overseeing the generation of an overall electrical solution for a larger project team. The Project Engineer will provide engineering and equipment subcontractor oversight, in close partnership with the overall Project Manager.
This position reports to the Engineering manager. The Engineering team consists of several project engineers, and proposal analysts that lead Siemens DS key projects.
• Review of customer specifications, commercial/technical documents, product requirements for key customer projects
• Prepare drawing packages, equipment submittals, testing specifications and other engineering-related documents
• Ability to generate a system one line diagram, and determine a technology offering that provides the best value solution to the Customer
• Ability to develop a project execution plan and cost the plan per the Customer RFP documents
• Ability to identify project risk and associated liability and understand how to mitigate the risk and liability
• Ability to present project solutions to Customers and assist with Customer specification development
• Able to work within teams and product groups, internal and external
• Support project turnover activities to the project execution team
• Assist in developing new bid strategies, and market assessment tools
• Support process improvements, visibility, transparency, and accuracy wherever possible.
• Support the bidding as well as the execution process
Required Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 6-10 years experience in a technical role; which may include inside system design, electrical design, commissioning, or electrical installation
- Industry knowledge of design and installation requirements for LV and MV distribution equipment; switchgear, breakers, conductors, power transformers and power equipment centers
- Excellent organizational skills with managing large engineering submittal packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external
- Ability to work effectively across various functions and departments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced in reading and reviewing electrical schematics; AutoCAD experience a plus
- Ability to set and manage priorities
- Professional Engineer license is a plus
- Experience with integration of power distribution equipment is a plus (e.g Power equipment center, Buildings, electrical rooms)
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.