Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Distribution Systems (DS) covers a comprehensive end-end portfolio including packaging turnkey installation and commissioning, repair, refurbishment of all OEM and non-OEM Transmission & Distribution assets including but not limited to medium and large power transformers, high voltage circuit breakers, medium and low voltage switchgear and breakers, motor control centers, and protection and control systems in all market verticals.
The Consulting Application Engineer will be responsible for:
• Promoting project business
• Generating cost estimates in conjunction with product teams
• Generating value engineered proposals
• Promote additional value add for Siemens by developing new and improved business execution models working with project management, engineering, procurement and suppliers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree m Engineering, Business Management or Business Administration
- Possess basic level of technical knowledge with the application of power equipment centers, electrical distribution products and systems.
- Ability to analyze customer's technical specifications, apply appropriate product offerings to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner, offer alternative solutions to optimize profitability while meeting customer needs.
- Excellent team player and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately communicate with internal and external customers.
- Advanced financial knowledge to understand and participate in ongoing business planning and support the product as well as project lifecycle management processes.
- Ability to identify market trends and using this Information, work closely with Marketing and Technology to create and justify projects to close the identified gaps.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office tools pricing applications
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 10 years industry experience in the field of electrical services (field service, sales, proposal).
- Knowledge and experience with the application of electrical distribution products and systems with a focus medium voltage switchgear products in construction, industrial and utility related market segments.
- Knowledge and experience with evaluating interconnect cabling, SLD, relay P&C schemes, communication network diagrams (media & protocols).
- Knowledge of testing procedures for low and medium voltage distribution products
- Knowledge of Maintenance for low and medium voltage system
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.