Vice President Strategy and Innovation
Building Robotics, Inc. is a Siemens-owned business founded in 2012, as Comfy | Enlighted. Our mission is connecting employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
"Are you ready to create disruptive new products and bring them to market?"
- As VP of Strategy and Innovation you will be responsible for driving our innovation program by conducting customer research, prioritizing product initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of existing, near term and future product strategies.
- You will be reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer of Comfy | Enlighted
- You will oversee the development of significant enhancements to existing product lines and handing over responsibilities for these product lines to the Head of Product at an appropriate stage
- You will be responsible for developing a strategic plan to oversee the long-term development of our product offerings and go-to-market through organic (build) and inorganic (buy, M&A) means
- Establish a strategic plan that incorporates inorganic growth, where applicable, and lead efforts to identify and execute on required M&A, partnership and integration opportunities.
- Develop strategic roadmap for build vs buy / partner decisions on technology & go-to-market
- Be the key evangelist of our product vision both internally and externally to clients and other stakeholders.
- Oversee a portfolio of innovation projects acting as an entrepreneur in residence by driving the commercial development of new product offerings together with the VP Research
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as product and/or innovation strategy leader in a similar technology leadership role in a scaled IoT or SaaS software company environment.
- Experienced in B2B and B2B2C product practices.
- 10+ years of experience in client-facing product management roles. Prior engineering experience is a plus.
- A strategic mindset and ability to develop, inspire, and implement a change management agenda.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in product companies targeting healthcare, manufacturing or retail verticals will be looked upon favorably, but is not strictly necessary
- Expertise in agile & lean product development preferred
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy : )
- Bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland just steps away from BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Frequent happy hours and lots and lots of snacks
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.