Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
We are seeking a Software Engineer who will work at the Siemens Building Technologies Digital Service Center as a software developer. This person will contribute to customer-facing websites, internal analytic systems and internal websites and join us in helping our customers create energy-efficient, safe and intelligent buildings using a full arsenal of modern technological tools.
- Design and implement elements of various websites, including real-time and historical data presented in tabular, graphical and animated forms
- Design and implement algorithms for fault detection and diagnostics, and for the aggregation of voluminous data into meaningful facts
- Constantly strive to follow best practices with integrity and enthusiasm
- Communicate successfully with a wide spectrum of colleagues, from customers to testers to support technicians to building engineers to other software professionals
- This position affords up to 50% remote work
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two years' experience in Java and the J2EE platform. Good grasp of best practices in security for web-based applications
- Strong understanding of SQL databases and queries
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Experience with standard J2EE technologies, such as Spring, Tomcat, Memcached, Kafka, JDBC and so on
- Experience deploying to Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience with Cassandra
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with jQuery, Angular, and Highcharts
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Groovy and other JVM-based languages.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.