At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
From concept to reality, the electric vehicles market has seen exponential growth in the last decade. Last year, in spite of pandemic, 10 million electric vehicles were sold across the globe of which two thirds were battery electric (BEVs). According to many surveys, this market is expected grow CAGR of 30% by 2030. We, at Siemens Digital Industries Software, are making strategic investments to be competitive in this market by enhancing our battery simulation capabilities within inside Simcenter STAR-CCM+. A battery application specialist plays an important role as a part of this strategy by taking solutions to the market while providing key customer/market insights to the product management and development teams. Our goal is to strengthen our e-powertrain team by adding an experienced battery simulation engineer to expedite our technical presence in the battery simulation space
- We are looking for an experienced batteries simulation professional to join our applications management team.
- You will be part of a team of technical experts within the CCM industry management organization, which works closely with product management, sales, customer support, and marketing to make Simcenter STAR-CCM+ the leading CFD-focused multiphysics solution for electric vehicle applications.
- In this role, you will be a global technical resource and a leader for batteries simulations along with fuel cells applications.
- You will be responsible for generating technical and marketing materials to support Simcenter product sales, leading complex technical engagements with customers and prospects, managing internal and external technical relationships, and providing business and technical input into the product roadmap.
Prerequisite and Essential Functions:
- Primary Accountability Establish authority as a global technical expert in batteries simulations.
- Grow usage of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ for batteries applications.
- Create effective technical material regularly.
- Lead and manage technical engagements and collaborations.
- Guide product roadmaps for market needs.
- Overall responsibility As a global technical leader, you are responsible to grow battery and fuel cells applications usage, primarily in automotive, aerospace and marine industries, by successfully driving technically complex, challenging and strategic engagements.
- You are responsible to create, maintain and distribute technical material, including but not limited to, benchmarks, journal/conference papers, best practice guides, technical/sales presentations, webinars, internal trainings, demonstration cases.
- You will collaborate with industry managers for marketing campaigns, sales and support leaders to expedite technical sales, product management and development to enhance software performance and quality.
- You will provide advanced technical support to the global sales and support organizations, but also build the expertise of engineers within the organization, enabling them to support common batteries and fuel cells applications.
- As a subject matter expert, you are expected to know and communicate the market trends and competitive landscape to guide both the product development and sales.
- Required education and focus Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Mechanical engineering (or related) with a focus on batteries-related numerical analysis and simulations (CFD).
- Required technical experience - At least 3 years’ experience with general CFD with focus on batteries and/or fuel cells applications.
- Experience in simulating battery safety related applications such as, battery thermal runaway, venting, combustion, melting etc.
- Basic understanding on battery cell chemistry/electrochemistry.
- Experience with Lithium-Ion battery simulations.
- Basic understanding of other types of batteries such as LFP, NMC, NCA solid-state, Na-Ion, Li-Air, flow batteries etc.
- Experience with various forms of batteries such as cylindrical, pouch, prism, spiral Hands-on experience with meshing industrial battery and fuel cells geometries.
- Required work experience (including number of years) Bachelors – 7 yrs, Masters – 5 yrs, PhD – 3 yrs.
Required knowledge, skills, or expertise:
- Basic knowledge of battery simulation and technology.
- Basic understanding of Computational Fluid Dynamics Hands-on experience with commercial batteries and CFD software.
- Basic computer programming.
- Self-motivating, ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively.
- Good coordination and communications skills.
- Preferred education and focus (if applicable) Masters or PhD in Batteries simulations.
- Preferred past experience (including number of years) 5 years hands on experience with battery simulations and CFD applications.
Preferred knowledge, skills, or expertise:
- Basic knowledge of Simcenter STAR-CCM+, BSM, AVL, COMSOL.
- Experimental knowledge of batteries and battery packs.
- Basic knowledge of JAVA, Python and C++.
- Business knowledge of batteries and fuel cells industries.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.