Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as Product Definition Specialist (m/f/d) at Siemens Healthineers Innovation Think Tank (ITT) USA in the area of Medical Technology.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You are responsible for development of clinical requirements for products within the Laboratory Diagnostics, Point-of-Care and Medical Imaging fields.
- You will lead the conception of minimal viable product (MVP) with R&D and innovation teams, as well as responsible for the validation of prototypes/solution scenarios, together with our dedicated clinical partners (universities, hospitals, labs, clinics, etc.)
- You will closely collaborate with the Innovation Think Tank labs and partners globally, both in cross-location projects and in the optimization of clinical pathways by creation of various scenarios.
- You will report directly to the head of Innovation Think Tank, and act as an expert on clinical/laboratory topics.
- You will support in the organization and management of Innovation Think Tank (ITT) Certification and Training Programs, ITT Lab set-up, etc.
- This position requires travel for customer need investigations, prototype validation visits, which could account for 15% of responsibilities. Schedules often can be planned in advance.
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a master’s degree in medicine, biomedical engineering or other sciences and engineering fields (microbiology, biotechnology, biochemistry, etc.)
- You have experience working in clinical/laboratory environments.
- You have experience working in an interdisciplinary and intercultural experience.
- You have experience in entrepreneurship and start-ups.
Your attributes and skills:
- You are interested in solving problems within the Healthcare and Medicine fields, have a positive mindset and out-of-the-box thinking.
- You are interested to work on projects in an intercultural and interdisciplinary environment together with the multinational and diverse ITT Teams globally
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to communicate in English (verbally and written)
- You are open to new ideas and can work independently as well as in a team.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.