If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You actively gather information on the customer and the customer's requirements/targets and derive winning strategies for the customer project.
- You are responsible to create a competitive bid for large international rail turnkey projects (>100’€).
- In this role you steer and drive a team consisting of bid managers from several Mobility Business Units and external consortium partners and subcontractors.
- You participate to contract negotiations and provide updates of the bid until contract signature.
- You identify / create additional opportunities out of the ongoing bid projects.
- You optimize project profitability and ensure business success, you live the responsibility for the financial calculation and target pricing of the project.
- You ensure that the relevant LoA process is followed and that all risks (including compliance) are identified and mitigated.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You successfully completed your studies in the field of electrical or mechanical engineering.
- You have 5+ years experience in the preparation of complex, international bids for turnkey infrastructure projects with several partners (internal and external).
- You know the customer market and its competitors, as well as the customer strategies, business processes and decision makers.
- You have knowledge of project management tools and processes and you have a clear understanding of pricing and costing methods and strategies to win customer projects.
- You have profound technical knowledge on different systems of the mobility business.
- You have fluent English skills and you are experienced in working in intercultural teams.
- Your personal strengths are customer interaction and negotiation skills.
- You are familiar with leadership methodologies e.g. motivation, personnel management and development, team development, conflict management.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Miriam Beier.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time