If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The Egyptian government and Siemens Mobility have signed a memorandum of understanding to design, install and commission the country's first high-speed rail system. This project will be handled as a Turnkey project involving Rolling Stock, Electrification and further Infrastructure Lots.
- As Overall Project Director (f/m/d) you will execute projects in compliance with the given requirements (e.g., costs, time, functionality, quality) to ensure project success and customer satisfaction within the Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure Electrification lot.
- You will be responsible to finalize the bidding process and project initiation phase by analyzing customer requirements and checking their technical feasibility in order to transfer this into a project cost plan.
- You will negotiate with top decision-makers at customers and authorities. You will also represent SMO internally your project up to the first level.
- You will set the criteria for procurement acc. to the project requirements and participate in selection of subcontractors / partners aligned with the procurement strategy.
- Next to this, you will ensure an efficient communication with all stakeholders as well as identify and minimize non-conformance costs and continuously monitor the project status.
- You will lead your project to success and ensure that the goals agreed upon together with the customer are achieved.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have completed a degree (master / diploma) in an economics-related discipline or comparable.
- Next to this, you have long-term experience as a project manager and have already assumed commercial responsibility in the railway infrastructure business.
- You have experience as a project manager working on construction sites and managing those specific stakeholders.
- In addition, you have good knowledge in the areas of finance, export, customs and taxes, as well as permanent establishments.
- The highly international nature of your role requires you to have very good English language and integrative skills as well as a willingness to work onshore in Egypt for several years.
- Furthermore, you are experienced in working in international setups, preferably with work experience abroad.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 - 52430
if you whish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Julia Krzystek.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organisation: Siemens Mobility
Unternehmen: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional