Senior Systems Engineer – Critical Care Systems Engineering
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Systems Engineer you will work within an Agile development
framework team to develop next generation Point of Care analyzers
- Develop and define high level product concepts based on user needs
- Develop and communicate system architecture
- Create functional block diagrams and system functional specifications
- Elicit and elaborate requirements from project stakeholders
- Develop and manage system requirements
- Facilitate stakeholder agreement about changes to and management of the systems requirements
- Utilize ‘systems thinking’ to consider all interacting elements and relationships within the system holistically
- Design and development of medical instrumentation, sub-systems and components.
- Manage and conduct systems integration activities
- Develop verification plans and carry out testing
- Participate in risk management activities
- Develop proof-of-principle models, testbeds, and prototypes. Conduct debugging and optimization activities.
- Conduct configuration management of development systems.
- Support Quality Assurance and Measurement
- Conduct Continuous Process Improvement
- Lead tr support modeling and simulation activities.
- Participate in structured problem-solving activities
This position may suit you best if you are proficient
with the below skills:
- Demonstrated experience working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Experienced in risk management of medical devices
- Independent by nature, self-learner, excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple activities effectively
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, Computer) or similar technical discipline or Associate’s degree with min 10 years of technical experience.
- 8-10 years of experience in product development role.
- Demonstrated competency in the development of complex systems including mechanical, electrical, and software designs and their integrated interactions.
Experience required for success in this role:
- Design/development of complicated electro-mechanical products
- Systems integration for complex systems, exhibits systems thinking
- Medical device development
- Design verification of complex systems
- Requirements management tools such as DOORs preferred
- Systems architecture
- Design engineering for medical devices
- Experience with microfluidics would be beneficial
- Experience in medical device standards and regulations preferred
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.