Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: Application Engineering Consultant – ProFPGA EDA
Job Reference #: 262541
Job Location: Fremont, CA or Remote - US
- Win pre-sales engagements in cooperation with the account and technical sales teams
- Deploy Siemens EDA ProFPGA prototyping software and hardware solutions at customers and guide the customers to ensure success
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Develop and/or refine methodology employed in creating and using prototypes and maximizing the value of Siemens EDA prototyping solutions
- Work closely with R&D to solve problems, review product specs, and find good general solutions that improve the overall product
- Ensure customers are kept up-to-date with the latest product enhancements
- Provide customer requirements to R&D and marketing
- Educate the customer on best practices and tool requirements
- Ensure existing customers maximize the value they receive from the solution by developing and enhancing methodology that exploits the solution’s capabilities
- Use advanced technical and business skills to drive Siemens products into customer projects and to recognize and uncover new business opportunities
- 5+ years’ experience in design, verification, simulation, emulation/prototyping of electronics chips and systems or recent experience as an Applications Engineer in a relevant field
- BS or MS in EE, CE, CS or related areas
- SystemVerilog, Verilog and VHDL RTL design experience
- ASIC and/or FPGA implementation experience (synthesis, place&route)
- Verification experience with SystemVerilog, SystemC and/or C/C++ is a plus
- Debug of RTL designs and simulation
- Proficient in scripting languages used today (e.g., Perl, Python, various shell scripts/Makefiles, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Industry experience with FPGA design and FPGA tools (Xilinx Vivado, Altera Quartus) is a must
- Experience with Emulation.
- Competitive personality driven to win, ethically, in competitive business situations
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to deliver trainings and demos to customers
- Willing to travel to drive business engagements as required across North America (10%).
- Remote Work Ok
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.