Field Service Technician - Automation
Performs technical, mainly pre-defined tasks for accomplishing defined service delivery work for customer equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities?
* Performs mainly pre-defined, technical tasks (for example, basic commissioning of products and systems, integration of components to a system, basic engineering, maintenance jobs) and work packages on-site and remotely.
* Supports customer remotely and onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
* Coordinates and accomplishes defined service operations and/or resolves product issues for customers equipment.
* Supports in generating sales leads for pre-defined service offers and contributes to planning activities.
* Adheres to defined processes and applicable regulations.
What will the person be responsible for?
• Render a range of professional services including plant and preventative maintenance, commissioning, assistance with system design, upgrades, repairs, retrofits, technical audits, hotline activities and to perform breakdown service on a 24 hour basis exercising minimal response and reaction time, thus ensuring an optimal and appropriate sense of urgency.
• To execute the work cost effectively, in accordance with the QA Manual, the relevant commissioning, maintenance and servicing procedures, customer specifications and in compliance with statutory and safety regulations.
• To verify and update Technical Hardware & Software documentation at all times and ensure that the updates are relayed to the Service Specialist, entrusted with the plant/system technical responsibility.
• To identify own specific training needs and to maintain own competence in systems and products related technologies.
• To plan and ensure the continuous availability of appropriate functional and calibrated diagnostic tools and testing equipment and to effectively select on a day-to-day basis the necessary tools, testing equipment, service kits, spares, consumable and appropriate documentation for the services rendered.
• To pro-actively participate with the marketing and selling of our range of services/products to the market and other BU’s, to assist the Sales Engineer and Service group leader with the preparation of tenders, service contracts and quotations, to participate with the development of service concepts, market related pricing structures, to maximize own productivity and efficiency thus contributing towards the attainment of the group’s annual budgeted results.
What do I need to qualify?
• Diploma / Btech Degree in Electrical Engineering (L/C)
• The candidate must have at least 3 - 5 years Field Service Experience as a Technician in the Automation Industry
• Siemens product knowledge will be required.
Candidates should list levels of experience in the follow disciplines on their application (1 (Beginner) - 5 (Expert) :
• Siemens PCS7 (Essential)
• Step7 (Essential)
• WinCC (Essential)
• LOGO (Advantageous)
• S7 300 (Essential)
• S7 1200 (Essential)
• S7 1500 (Essential)
• Profinet or Profibus (Essential)
• S7 400 (Essential)
• Process instrumentation Knowledge ie:
• Pressure (advantageous)
• Level (Advantageous)
• Flow (advantageous)
• Industrial Communications
• Must be willing to learn
• Must be willing to work OT and Standby
This is a Field service technician role the technician will be required to travel to various locations and customers to perform his/her duties.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time