Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The primary contents of the work will be:
- Engineering of control logics & programs for different FACTS solutions
- Establishing the test set up in the factory
- Configuration of hardware used for control systems
- Performing the tests of the hardware and software in the factory to validate the design
- Commissioning the FACTS installations at site in India and abroad
- Creating documents like design reports, test reports and operation & maintenance manuals
- Read, analyze and interpret power system event records
Mandatory technical skills:
- You should have a sound knowledge of electrical power systems theory and practice.
- Understanding the behavior of power systems during transient and sub-transient conditions, different types of FACTS devices and their roles in the power system will be an essential part of the work.
- Analog to digital converters & fiber optics.
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams.
- Knowledge of basic principles of protective relaying, control systems, power electronic devices (like thyristors and IGBTs), power equipment (like power transformers, instrument transformers, capacitors, reactors, circuit breakers).
Desirable technical skills:
- Knowledge of different cyber security measures.
- Knowledge of IT networking.
- Computer operating systems.
- Programming tools (e.g., Python).
- Programmable Logic Controllers (preferably Siemens platforms using SIMATIC Manager)
Having a previous experience of working on FACTS projects would be an added advantage. If you have experience of testing and commissioning of protective relaying devices OR creating real time simulation for FACTS devices on RTDS, it would be very helpful in your work.
Excellent team player
- Should have no reservations on travelling to sites, some of which are in remote locations. The sites can be located in India or foreign countries.
- Ability to work with team members who may have diverse background, including different nationalities.
- Be ready to travel at short notice
- Usually, the duration for site deputation is 5-6 months continuous each time. The facilities at site available would be basic in nature. Accommodation and transport will be mostly shared type.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
You should be a graduate (BE/B.Tech) in Electrical Power Engineering with power systems and power electronics as major subjects. Graduates in Electronics & Telecommunications engineering are not preferred.
This role is based in Goa. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time