Siemens Mobility have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Project Lead to join our Rail Infrastructure Electrification business. For this role we would require applicants to be based out of our Coventry, York or London Offices and travel between the three would be required.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signalling, control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of UK and Germany, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Siemens’ dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe and green railway. The Rail Electrification business supplies switchgear equipment as well as the SCADA control system alongside other engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. This includes the ASG 25 Air insulated Switchgear, which is now designed, manufactured, built & tested in the UK. We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed as a result of our success in delivering to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as the Static Var Compensator & Static Frequency Converter, so this is a phenomenal time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology.
Whatever your background, you’ll love your prospects at Siemens. The projects are stimulating, the mindset is innovative, and the rewards are excellent! With Siemens, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
The Finance Project Lead will report directly to the EL Finance Manager for the segment. The below outlines the key roles and responsibilities for this role (part Finance Manager support, part Senior Project Accountant duties).
What will be my Responsibilities?
Finance Portfolio Duties
- Day to Day management of 3 Project Accountants in 3 EL regions.
- Providing day to day finance guidance and completion of ad hoc work for the Regional Project Leads and Regional Delivery Team
- Review of Project Accountant period end accruals for approval
- Review of Project Settlements, producing ‘Flash’ period end report along with commentaries on variances for the project portfolio.
- Provide support and guidance accountants in the preparation of the finance sections of all PDR’s and during the monthly project reviews.
- Detailed financial review of project reports ahead of project review meetings.
- Attendance at all project review meetings as part of Portfolio Management Team.
- Provide support and guidance to accountants in the preparation of Application for Payments on Target Cost contracts.
- Ensure local compliance with PA Process and other process/internal control procedures.
- Produce consolidated regional forecast for Orders, Sales, Gross Margin and Cash, including commentary on key variances for review.
Project Accounting Duties
- Prepare monthly project delivery reports for all assigned projects.
- Maintain monthly sales, margin and cash flow forecasts in conjunction with project team.
- Hold regular cost reviews with project team to ensure robust out-turns are maintained.
- Undertake work as required to meet central finance month end requirements for projects
- Ensure company systems, such as SAP / Cyberquery, are kept up to date with the current project status.
- Prepare and post accruals for projects and portfolio cost centres.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Strong communicator with the ability to challenge and influence others
- Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both Finance staff other project functions
- The ability to analyse and use data to add value to a process or activity
- Be prepared to travel when required, York, London and Coventry
- Advanced Excel skills
- Prior management experience
- Relevant Contract accountant experience
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability, to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit phenomenal minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognises that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time