Are you planning your own future? Then take advantage of the opportunities offered by an innovative company! Since 1998, we at KACO new energy have been putting our ideas and our commitment into the development of future-oriented technologies for energy extraction. 300 motivated employees are now working towards this goal. Due to them, KACO new energy is now one of the world's leading manufacturers of photovoltaic inverters. KACO new energy has been a 100% Siemens subsidiary since May 2019.
What part will you play?
- As Software Developer HMI you will develop software in C++ for Embedded Linux together with 7 dedicated colleagues. This includes the development of our new product and its connection to our cloud monitoring platform
- Furthermore, you will work along the DevOps mindset and develop build scripts and Yocto recipes as well as automated tests and related scripts to run the tests in Continuous Integration servers
- You will create concepts for new features or those that need to be changed and collaborate on the selection of HW/SW components
- This includes creating software specifications and architecture documents, coding and documenting modules/SW components, performing and documenting unit/module tests, assisting with code and specification reviews, integrating/testing modules/components into/into the overall system, creating test specifications for integration/lab tests, and supervising and evaluating integration/lab tests
- You will also support the team management in creating project-related work packages, optimizing the software development process to increase work efficiency and product quality as well as developing and introducing strategies for error prevention
- The basis of your success is a degree in electrical engineering, technical computer science or a comparable education
- You have several years of experience in the field of software engineering based on established software development processes
- You have solid knowledge of common communication interfaces/protocols, especially in the direction of cloud communication and associated security requirements (Security)
- You have very good programming skills in C++ as well as knowledge of "Embedded Linux" and related build systems (preferably Yocto and CMake)
- You have good UML/SysML knowledge and strong skills in using SW version management tools (preferably GIT or SVN)
- Ideally, you have knowledge of agile methods and DevOps mindset including continuous integration, in databases (SQLite) and database design as well as Yocto knowledge
- You have a good command of written and spoken English; German is a plus
- A structured, independent and results-oriented way of working complete your profile
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: KACO new energy GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time