Under the Global Business Services umbrella, Hire-to-Retire (H2R) serves as the key operational partner to the Siemens HR function as well as our external customers. We provide high quality HR services to 100+ countries around the world ranging from 1 – 100,000 employees including topics such as Payroll, HR Administration, Travel & Expense, and Global Mobility, among others. Within our globally deployed 1,800+ workforce, our challenge is to provide customer-centric solutions by maximizing our internal value chain: Account Relationship Management, Portfolio Management, and Operations.
How does this team & role contribute?
The HR Strategy Coordinator is an outstanding and accelerating development opportunity for a high potential talent in our Strategy & Portfolio Management team. This is an early career opportunity for rising talent - using the experience from this role to develop a broad understanding of the full portfolio of the H2R organization, exposure to key strategic projects/initiatives and exposure/interaction with key global players to gain the vital skills for future roles. While there is no time limit for the role, the ideal candidate should be ready to graduate to their next role within ~18 months.
In this role you will gain an in-depth knowledge of the Hire-to-Retire business as you support the Strategy & Portfolio leader and the team in a variety of ways.
Key responsibilities of this role may include (but are never limited to…
- Extend your network across the H2R organization and global portfolio team leading assigned topics
- Development of agendas and materials for team meetings to drive information through to actions
- Develop a deep understanding of the H2R business structure and organization, the strategy and key players with related organization challenges, as well as a broader understanding of how an integrated organization "works".
- Leading (or actively contributing to) special projects across functional teams such as KPI enhancements, Service Catalog updates and developing reporting standards
- Transforming thoughts and conversations to meaningful solution proposals (often via MS PowerPoint or similar tools)
- Support visualization of data through user friendly tools such as Power BI
- Providing a variety of results from handling routine tasks on behalf of the GPO Head, and ensuring the GPO Head’s time is used effectively.
- Facilitation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Process
- Co-ordinating calendars across various senior leaders in a globally diverse and virtual environment.
You are the right candidate for this position if the following description fits you...
- I have excellent analytical skills. I am able to analyze sophisticated problems and tackle them "piece by piece" without losing the big picture.
- I use data as an integral asset in decision-making and am extremely strong in using common data visualization tools i.e. Excel, Power BI, Tableau.
- I don’t always know the right answer to the question…but am ok admitting that and will always work to understand to the deepest level necessary to get the job done.
- I can comfortably collaborate with partners that hold differing (and passionate) opinions. I can confidently facilitate the differing perspectives to achieve the right solution, and gaining consensus along the way.
- I am very comfortable managing up, recognizing that in a role such as this that it is more about me managing my boss and his team than the other way around - ensuring organization, structure and maximum use of time and resources is the priority.
- I fully adopt a growth approach as a key to success for both my own and my team’s development. I will challenge the status quo!
- I enjoy the challenge of redefining numbers to graphics/presentation materials to support essential messaging.
- I am a creative person bringing suggestions and proposals of solutions to support the implementation of the strategic focus topics.
- I understand how to engage with partners and their different perspectives but am not limited by organizational levels.
- I have experiences working in Big 4/Management Consulting, strategy development, or the HR Shared Services Industry.
- I state my opinions clearly and listen to others carefully.
- I am comfortable and thrive in a results-oriented work environment. I will work until the result is complete and am equally capable of ‘shutting down’ work to take a mental break during slower times.
- If you were to ask my colleagues and friends to pinpoint my attributes, they would probably say: standout teammate, self-aware, curious, persistent, open minded, “just do” mentality, clear and consistent in what I say and do.
- I have Master Level MS Excel and Power Point skills for data analysis and development of effective presentations.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.