NOTE ... This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
The geographical location of this role is flexible
This role can reside anywhere in North America
Siemens ADVANTA is seeking an IoT architect who is passionate about driving customer success with a strong technical background, business acumen and interpersonal skills. The person will be responsible for business development and delivery activities around Digital and IOT solutions applicable to various industry verticals, specifically power utilities, manufacturing, and smart cities.
Siemens Advanta offers an unmatched industrial DNA paired with strong IoT expertise to drive sustainable growth in a digital world. From strategy to design to implementation – we support our customers globally to successfully re-invent their businesses. We offer highly consultative value-add Digital and IoT consulting and technical solutions to our customers regionally in America’s, therefore your experience in delivery of commercial agreements, contractual understanding and cultural consideration is required in this role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Siemens ADVANTA is looking for a solution architect who has experience in technical sales and execution of Digital and IOT solutions in one or multiple areas such as
- Transmission and Distribution Networks
- Manufacturing, Automotive, Food and Beverage
- Smart Buildings and Mobility
- Advisor for early technical evaluation and feasibility in individual customer-projects during the early sales phase and along the bid process.
- Partner with Portfolio Lead meeting and visiting customers, understanding their challenges and demands, proposing solutions and technically consult and guide the sales process to drive business value and outcomes.
- Identify and translate individual technical customer requirements into a comprehensive solution architecture, starting from ideation to final solution design.
- Propose and design end-to-end IoT & digitalization solutions establishing performance metrics, process optimizations and leveraging existing tools to ensure a highly scalable, high-performance solution for our clients.
- Business and opportunity development including proposal and offer creation, including scope definition, effort estimation, proposal development, SOW creation and contract negotiation.
- Together with the project manager you define and realize project deliverables.
- Proactively engage in the marketing campaign planning sessions and share ideas to further improve our engagement with clients, including creation of proof-of-concept and demonstration artifacts.
- Present business outcomes through technical solution to diverse audiences which includes clients, partners, and sales team relevant to the industry or market
- Collaborate closely with all Siemens organizations (Operating Company and Strategic companies) and external partners to leverage customer intimacy, portfolio and domain know-how for a strong IoT solutions offering
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of solution architecture and IT implementation experience, having worked in highly technical and analytics roles
- 8+ years in application, data and network architectures, visual data ingestion, stream / batch processing, analytics on enterprise-scale IoT projects
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing IoT solution architecture and PoC / MVP(s) for large-scale enterprise-wide solutions
- Broad familiarity with cloud platforms, IoT solution and product-based architectures including analytics, compute infrastructure, cloud platforms, networking, communication protocols, sensors etc.
- Lead role as architect in software solution engineering projects
- Experience in business development and proposal creation
- Understand end-to-end solution and services model, Consulting, Solution Design to Build (Technology) to Operate (Optimization and Managed Services)
- Like to have experience working for a multinational professional services company that provides services in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.
- Must have technical sales experience with direct and indirect sales
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Understanding of the IoT market and key drivers and associated technology and vendor players
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and proven ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to facilitate client workshops
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Superb organizational and prioritization skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to deliver above quota performance
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.