We are currently seeking for a Logistics Project Professional within our Siemens Mobility Customer Services Operational Procurement and Logistics Team.
This position will order logistics
services to approved logistics service providers (LSP) to obtain services at
the lowest cost consistent with quality, deliver reliability and urgency of project’s
need. This individual will maintain the lead times for the international and
domestic transportation, customs clearance, align with the Logistics Corporate
and Logistics Category Team to monitor LSP performance, quality as negotiated
terms and conditions. This position will assist Supply Chain Management team in executing
commodity strategies at a tactical level. This position will be
seated at McClellan Park (Sacramento), CA.
- Maintains, updates, communicates relevant information (regarding delivery schedules, transit lead times and contract information) from suppliers, procurement, and logistic service providers
- Analyzes operational logistic status, informs involved stakeholder adequately - and derives and implements alternative measures to adopt to changing situations.
- Completes and communicates deficiency and delivery status reports regarding material and product availability for Project Management
- Documents and processes complaints or transport damages, in cooperation with other accountable stakeholders (Corporate Logistics, Purchase, Insurance, Controlling, Quality, Engineering), - and proposes and implements remedial measures with transport service providers.
- Coordinates return of logistic infrastructure and on-site equipment used and steers respective logistics operations with logistics service providers.
- Supports Projects in development, calculation and implementation of logistic contingency measures, gains alignment on project prioritization and requirements
- Supports Projects in concluding of evaluation of the project-specific process of customer supply
- May support SCM in tender preparation as well as supplier evaluation
- Secures correctness of contracts to be concluded in delivery conditions and terms’ means, requirements for the goods to be delivered and shipment documents by importation/ exportation on/ from the territory of the United States and to check its correspondence with the legislation
- Organizes needed customs procedures and prepares paperwork for the customs brokers as well as forwarding to the destination point after customs clearance release.
- Safeguards providing permitted documents required for realization of import and export deliveries in conformity with the contracts of business unit and effective legislation of the United States
- Contributes to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems)
Defines, communicates and tracks scheduling, risk, change, opportunities
- Track the logistics service providers progress against the original and/or revised schedule, invoices reconciliation
- Works in conjunction with strategic procurement, supplier quality and logistics for improving total cost of ownership of products/services
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s required
A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate success in applying complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization's business practices and issues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Perform job duties with a sense of urgency
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
IT Equipment Knowledge
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.