This job is for Siemens Numerical Control with its global IT team in Nanjing. You will work with your local and global peers to provide world-class IT service to its internal customers. This job requires strong IT skill as well as oral and written English. Assist in all demand planning duties including estimating future application demand, understanding all sources of demand for specific application. Developing and sustaining effective relationships with internal customers. Developing the strategic IT plan which aligned with global IT for the specific customer function. Advise and influence customers at senior management level regarding the delivery, costs, availability and functionality of IT services and systems.
Work with users and stakeholders to obtain an understanding of the holistic system needs and core business requirements as it relates to IT and business strategies.
Work with the business and project managers to define the concept papers and business case for all projects related to the customer
Partner with business and IT leaders to evaluate proposals, build business cases, plan new joint initiatives, and determine how they fit into business and IT capability roadmaps and priorities.
Support the business applications for engineering, manufacturing operations, shop floor, and warehousing
Develop high-level system specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
Work with IT staffs to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications from customers
Work with the IT management team to ensure that project managers and other resources are engaged appropriately to support the agreed projects of work
Maintain all necessary documentation and adhere to change control policies, procedures as well as any system or software development or project management lifecycle methodologies.
- Sufficient working knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, workflow processes and procedures
- Ability to effectively interface with peers, employees, management and customers within the organization and communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and relationship building skills across multiple levels and functions
- Able to communicate technical or complex subject matter in business terms
- Highly skilled at creating business requirements documents, as is and to be process maps, user acceptance test and change plans
- Sufficient knowledge with Linux and Windows (with AD) operating environments in a virtualized environment or a cloud (VMware, AWS, AliCloud, Tencent Cloud, etc.)
- Familiar with ERP, PLM, MES, Warehouse mgt. system is plus
- Additional Capabilities
- Major in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years applied experience
- Coaching and mentoring skill
- Fluent English writing and speaking, good communication skills
- Good team worker, self-motivated, and self-confidence to work independently
- Good sense of customer orientation
- Manufacturing business background is plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Numerical Control Ltd., Nanjing
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time