Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum, and we're looking to grow our EMEA Sales teamsignificantly. Therefore we are looking to hire a new Senior Sales Director (m/f/d) Manufacturing EMEA!
In this role, you will build and lead a team of 3 Sales Directors for the DACH Region, Northern Europe (incl. UK, Benelux and Scandinavia) as well as Southern Europe (France, Italy, Spain, Portugal etc.) Your Team will work in an overlay sales role with the largest enterprise customers and prospects across the Manufacturing Industry incl. Automotive, Machinery, Chemical and Pharma
As an experienced sales leader, you will have the ability to focus on building pipeline high growth business franchise, while working with an extended team to achieve high growth metrics. You will also absorb and analyze feedback from the market and communicate that back to the product team to help drive the product roadmap.
For you to be successful, you will collaborate closely with the Siemens Digital Industry Software organization, maximising (and augmenting) the business infrastructure that is already in place in the organization.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Supporting Sales Directors and Strategic Account Executives by participating in customer meetings and help the team reach company goals of extending our reach in the market
- Building connections and relationships across the different Siemens business units to leverage the existing networks to work in close alignment to provide customers with the best outcome
- Ongoing development of sales team including recruiting and hiring new Enterprise Account Executives for Mendix
- Executing and formulate a sales strategy within your assigned region, drive revenue growth by penetrating the current customer base, and develop new customers in the enterprise space
- Identifying the customer approvers, decision makers, and influencers, and developing strategies for each to mitigate risk and increase deal confidence
- Continually supervising the sales activity of the team, and track the results and reports on sales activity and forecast to SVP of Sales
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- 10+ years in demonstrated sales leadership (including 1st and 2nd line management of a sales team) in SaaS or PaaS enterprise software with a confirmed track-record of consistently exceeding annual team quotas and performance targets
- You follow a validated, repeatable process to achieve your success and have proven your process to overachieve in multiple roles
- Experience working in a matrix organisation and across different business units and Countries
- Experience of having successfully sold into Manufacturing enterprises, ideally in the Automotive, Machinery, Pharma and/or Chemical sector
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain customer executive relationships at the highest levels
- Proven ability to handle sophisticated sales cycles including the ability to provide coordination and direction to your extended team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. You are proficient in both English and German. Additional languages are a plus
- Detailed knowledge of Salesforce.com to maintain a current and accurate pipeline
Do you want to join a company that truly changes the way of software development and that finally bridges the gap between business and IT? Then apply now.
We consider our people as people - not assets, we’re passionate about results – not “boxes” and “rules”, we’re all outstanding, and we want you to be yourself, we celebrate success as a team, and we care about your personal and professional development!
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time