We are seeking a Principal Consultant. The Principal will be responsible for contributing to new order intake and business development, primarily for unregulated subsidiaries of global electric utilities, regulatory agencies and global financial institutions. A secondary role will be to support and potentially lead strategy oriented client engagements. The Principal will also be tasked with delivering and managing on-going engagements.
• Provide a range of power market analytical services for the referenced customer groups.
• Develop staffing plans for short, mid and long term market analysis and transaction related projects.
• Mentor and train staff members to assist with transaction focused engagements.
• Create project staffing plans, budgets and margin expectations, and manage engagements within these parameters.
• Ensure that staffing resources are deployed appropriately.
• Ensure that quality control systems and practices are implemented.
• Manage project teams of senior consultants, consultants, analysts and sub-contractors.
• Oversee deterministic and stochastic market simulations; bring a best practice perspective to clients’ transaction due diligence and support.
• Contribute to the growth strategy for the Transactions Practice which includes digital grid modernization, power, fuel and environmental markets forecasting, regulatory practices, and potential fundamental and regulatory changes to these markets. The responsibilities will include contributing to the evolution of offerings to keep them best in class as well as the development and introduction of new consulting products.
• Contribute to the business development and sales process, including identification and pursuit of new leads from both new and existing clients.
• Exercise thought leadership to guide the research and development of emerging issues and solutions impacting financial returns for client energy investments. Publish thought leadership pieces.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 10+ years of consulting experience in the power/energy industry.
• In-depth knowledge of power market fundamentals, emerging energy technologies and trends, and simulation modeling.
• Experience with applied statistics.
• Strong quantitative background, by education and / or professional experience
• Experience with Matlab and/or SQL coding and applications a plus
• Track record of successful project management for energy/power industry clients.
• Masters or PhD in Economics or other Applicable Technical Discipline a plus.
• Ability to provide strong technical leadership / oversight for a wide range of economic and statistical analyses in the energy field.
• Detailed knowledge of electric power, natural gas, environmental markets, generation, transmission, distribution and energy demand.
• Strong expertise in US energy/power market analysis and a detailed understanding of the analytical tools / software used in the industry.
• Strong client facing, consulting skills, including excellent written, oral, analytical, and presentation skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork, expresses ideas in a clear and concise manner, both in written and oral communications.
• Identifies issues and problems, secures relevant information, considers alternative courses of action and makes good business decisions.
• Sees change in the business or work environment, understands implications and adjusts priorities as needed on short notice.
• Has the ability and willingness to travel.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.