Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.Overview
We are looking for all levels of Full Stack Engineers to help build the next generation of our smart building products. This is an opportunity to make difference by developing products that make offices, hospitals, factories and warehouse into energy efficient, interactive and efficient spaces in which to work. Come join our startup culture and participate firsthand in designing the future of workspaces.
Having successfully deployed the first generation of our products, we are putting together teams to build the next generation to address a range of IT, OT, and IoT use cases (including real-time location, wayfinding, people counting, room booking, access control, and visitor management); and are exploring ways to leverage machine learning across our product. Simultaneously, we are aggressively growing our user base, with some of our largest-ever deployments currently in flight.
We value clean architecture and modern approaches to software development and testing. Our products consist of cloud-based micro-services and modern web and mobile applications. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers.
We're building systems that integrate IoT, real-time data and web/mobile apps and we’re doing it with a micro-service architecture to facilitate independent scrum teams. As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you’ll be working as part of a scrum team to build cloud micro-services that are resilient, fault-tolerant and performant, while working with other teams to determine how the features and functionality that you add can make our customers happy. In order to do that, you'll need to have technical depth; systems thinking; and the ability to work as part of distributed team. This is the ideal role for someone who wants to be part of a cutting-edge cloud development team while improving the lives of people in buildings all over the world.
- First and foremost, you love writing software. Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant; your best days at work are in front of the computer cranking out code on your own, although you have the experience to know that a winning product requires an entire team.
- You are curious and passionate about knowing “why”, whether it is why a use case is important for a customer, or why something strange happens one time in a hundred tries.
- You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with design, front-end, back-end, platforms, analytics, as well as our PM and QA teams; towards that end, you enjoy working across teams to solve hard problems.
- Agile development is second nature. Not only will you be expected to participate in daily scrums, sprint planning, and retros; you'll be expected to help improve our ceremonies.
- You strive for quality, and are obsessed with unit tests, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through. But it's more than that: you'll use our product, realize "hey! that's not what I expected!" and figure out how to make it better for everyone.
Your Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
- Deep knowledge of at least one modern programming language (Java and/or Python preferred)
- Expertise in service-oriented architectures; ideally, you've developed APIs for both internal and external-facing services
- You're obsessed with performance, and have experience with instrumentation and monitoring services to ensure the application is behaving as expected
- You have a basic knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- 5+ years of industry experience developing large-scale applications (Junior and Senior level candidates are also invited to apply!)
- Experience with data processing technologies such as Kafka/Kinesis, Spark, Storm
- Experience with Django, or similar server framework, or with Java microservice frameworks like Spring Boot or Quarkus
- Ability to define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure
- Understanding of web service development
- Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .net, Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: Postgres, Dynamo DB
Bonus Points For
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant and reliable cloud applications (AWS preferred)
- Experience with Cordova, Android, iOS development
- Experience working with third-party / IoT integrations
- Experience working with platforms for Big Data or Machine Learning solutions
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional)
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.