Welcome to Train IT!
Have you ever traveled on a high-speed train like the German ICE or the Prague metro, wondering how sometimes your smartphone has internet connection and sometimes not? How the screens in the train show next stops?
Modern trains are full of information technology – IP based networks, digital cameras, wireless access points, video streaming, public announcement systems, systems for counting passengers and many others.
We are Siemens Mobility Train IT team, and we are developing a new IT platform for modern trains. Join us and help us create rail vehicles of tomorrow!
You will be part of the European SW Engineering team and develop the next generation Java applications for trains such as passenger information, passenger counting, CCTV or other exciting new technologies that will be deployed to Siemens trains worldwide. Your software conforms to high standards for robustness, fault tolerance and maintainability.
… in detail:
- Be a member of an agile international development team
- Design software modules
- Write clean product code in a test-driven way
- Develop automated integration tests
- Support the commissioning phase of the trains on-site (travel up to 5%)
What you should have
- 3+ years of experience in Java development (Java 8 and above)
- In depth understanding of Linux and Docker
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Git, including branching models
- 2+ years of experience with Scrum/Kanban and CI/CD, TDD or XP
- Fluent English
This would set you apart from other candidates
- Knowledge of Java component frameworks, particularly OSGi
- Experience with Spring (Boot), Angular 2+
- Experience with SonarQube and Gradle
- Experience in the railway industry
- German or any other language
What can you look forward to with us?
By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 50,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague.
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility? Then we are looking forward to your CV in English!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time